Thursday, November 18, 2010

I’m Sorry Sarah Palin You Can’t Win The Presidency… America Needs A Leader Not A Celebrity


Sarah Palin Says She Could Beat Obama
In Interview With Barbara Walters, Palin Says She Is Seriously Considering Entering Race in 2012

Sarah Palin says she is seriously considering a run for the White House, and she believes she could beat President Obama in 2012, the former Alaska governor told ABC News' Barbara Walters.

"I'm looking at the lay of the land now, and ... trying to figure that out, if it's a good thing for the country, for the discourse, for my family, if it's a good thing," Palin said in an interview scheduled to air in full Dec. 9 on ABC as part of Walters' "10 Most Fascinating People" of 2010.

Asked Walters: "If you ran for president, could you beat Barack Obama?"

"I believe so," Palin said.

Ok I first saw this and was going to bust out this pissed off typical Gaius on PMS rant, but I said screw it, what is the point. I’ll just say this if Sarah Palin thinks she can beat Obama she is seriously delusional. If anyone… any Republican thinks that if she is the GOP nominee that she would or could become president they are equally as delusional.

I apologize for the repetitiveness but I have said countless numbers of times, I liked her, thought that she would make a great vice presidential running mate the only problem is we had a ancient RINO old white dude McCain running against the charismatic Negro charlatan Obama.

But as for Palin unfortunately she has turned herself into a celebrity. People don’t want a celebrity for a president. She is a fake as a three dollar bill, she only talks in clichés, has very little substance or intellectual insight and most of all she does not inspire confidence in the average voter.

She is not the woman I knew years before McCain picked her; she had passion, substance, intellect and was inspired by her core values not by the adulation of fans.

As screwed up as Obama is, Palin is simply too polarizing a figure. If she would stop twittering and posting bullshit on Facebook and communicating via catch phrases people could take her seriously.

Bottom line is she could have far more impact raising money for candidates, and spreading the gospel of conservative values. But as a serious presidential candidate she lost that long ago. She is more Paris Hilton than Ronald Reagan. Lose the political handlers, stop the high paying speaking gigs and the canned clichés and reconnect with the American people. Then and only then can someone like myself and the independents she would need to win the presidency can take her seriously.

Don’t doubt me folks, I was the same person who predicted she would be the VP nominee a month before it happened. I knew who and what she was all about back then. You could say I was her biggest supporter. However if it is one thing I know is people and I can spot fakeness and insincerity a mile away. Palin has turned into an actress and performer. If she had the political intellect and insight of a Newt she would be far more palatable.
She no longer inspires confidence and the people who rail about her are no better than the adoring fans that screamed and fainted at Obama rallies.
America has serious issues; we need a strong leader who inspired confidence. Right now I can’t tell you who that is… but it damn sure is not Sarah Palin.

4 comments:

PeggyU said...

Really well said! The celebrity thing turns me off as well.

belad said...

I thought that clown in WH was a celebrity, he's certainly not a leader!

Anonymous said...

Did the last election change the rules of the game? Does a candidate for president now need to be a celebrity that the media can embrace? It seems that a candidate needs to lobby the media for positive exposure and not worry about the execution of the campaign promises. Time will tell.

Gaius Lawrenitis Negris said...

Anno don't know good question. I will only say that if Palin wants to be president she is really screwing up her chances. I have access to some veteran political insiders and that ALL say the same thing.