Wednesday, December 15, 2010

WHY ARE DEMOCRATS SO DUMB? Taxpayers About to Get Thrown Under the Omnibus and Porked in the Earmarks, Congress' Job Approval Rating Worst in Gallup History, "The hole that Barack Obama finds himself in" Florida Gunman Blames 'Wealthy' in Facebook Message, Class Warfare Bullshit

WHY ARE DEMOCRATS SO DUMB?

Holder and Sebelius: Challenging Obamacare Law is Like Challenging Civil Rights and Opposing Car Insurance - Michelle Malkin

**Written by Doug Powers

The arguments made by Eric Holder and Kathleen Sebelius in their op-ed piece in the Washington Post are tired, ridiculous and desperate, and those are just the parts that make sense.
Here’s one predictable example:
It’s not surprising that opponents, having lost in Congress, have taken to the courts. We saw similar challenges to laws that created Social Security and established new civil rights protections. Those challenges ultimately failed, and so will this one.
This echoes Rep. Clyburn, who referred to health care reform as the “Civil Rights Act of the 21st Century.” How many people went clamoring for waivers from the Civil Rights Act? And as I recall, the Civil Rights Act didn’t mandate that every American purchase civil rights either, but maybe that’s a discussion for another day.
Do Holder and Sebelius recall from which side of the aisle most of the challenges to the Civil Rights Act came (think “Al Gore’s father”)?

********
Taxpayers About to Get Thrown Under the Omnibus and Porked in the Earmark Again? - The Powers That Be

In spite of the Tea Party revolution and all the spasms about waste and earmarks lately, another porkified monster of a spending bill might soon be force-fed to America and painfully passed through her bowels like roofing nails and shards of glass:
Senate Democrats have filed a $1.1 trillion omnibus spending bill that would fund the government through fiscal year 2011, according to Senate GOP sources.
The 1,924-page bill includes funding to implement the sweeping healthcare reform bill Congress passed earlier this year as well as additional funds for Internal Revenue Service agents, according to a senior GOP aide familiar with the legislation.
Remember all that talk — from both parties — about the evils of earmarks? According to Drudge, there have been 6,488 earmarks identified in the 2,000-page bill.

*****
111th Congress flips off the American people again: unveils $1.1T omnibus spending bill to fund Obamacare and $8B in earmarks - Doug Ross
*****

YUP!

Congress' Job Approval Rating Worst in Gallup History
PRINCETON, NJ -- Americans' assessment of Congress has hit a new low, with 13% saying they approve of the way Congress is handling its job. The 83% disapproval rating is also the worst Gallup has measured in more than 30 years of tracking congressional job performance.

********

Can You Dig It? - The American Spectator

One of my favorite bits of practical advice is "when you find yourself in a deep hole, stop digging."

The hole that Barack Obama finds himself in, while largely due to his policy positions, is also a function of his seeming out of his league, a man-child who was elected to an office he was unprepared to hold, perhaps the only candidate for president who made Sarah Palin look like an experienced and worldly statesman in comparison (and who continues to perform that remarkable feat today).

Obama is not offering much new in the way of policy -- fortunately for the nation, still suffering from a tremendous bout of indigestion over Obamacare, cap-and-trade (being implemented by the EPA regardless of lack of congressional action), Don't Ask, Don't Tell, and his failed effort to shutter Guantanamo Bay (because Muslim radicals in Yemen will hate us so much less if their Mohammedan brothers are kept in frigid downstate Illinois instead of their current Caribbean resort).

Thus, his biggest ongoing issue is the reinforcement of the perception among Americans and foreigners alike that America has its most unpresidential president since at least Jimmy Carter, and perhaps in its history.

******
Florida Gunman Blames 'Wealthy' in Facebook Message - The American Spectotor
A gunman who opened fire during a Florida school board meeting before apparently committing suicide left a "testament" on his Facebook page that blamed the "wealthy" for his crime.
Clay Duke, 56, pulled a pistol during a Tuesday school board
meeting in Panama City, Fla., and fired several shots, according to press accounts. A security officer for the school system shot and wounded Duke, who then fatally shot himself, police told
reporters.
Before pulling the gun, Duke used a can of red spray-paint to make the letter "V" inside a circle on a wall of the meeting room.
This was evidently a reference to the 2006 movie V for Vendetta, in which a character uses terrorist tactics to fight an oppressive government. While holding board members and the
superintendent at gunpoint, Duke complained that his wife had been fired by the school system.
According to ABC News and other sources, state records show Duke had a criminal record,
having served a four-year prison term for aggravated stalking and other charges.
On his Facebook profile, Duke left a diatribe portraying himself as the victim of an unfair system:
Some people (the government sponsored media) will say I was evil, a monster (V)... no... I was just born poor in a country where the Wealthy manipulate, use, abuse, and economically enslave 95% of the population. Rich Republicans, Rich Democrats...
same-same... rich... they take turns fleecing us... our few dollars... pyramiding the wealth for themselves. The 95%... the us, in US of A, are the neo slaves of the Global South. Our Masters, the Wealthy, do, as they like to us...
Duke's Facebook page quoted a statement that investor Warren Buffett recently made to Ben Stein: "There's class warfare, all right, but it's my class, the rich class, that's making war, and we're winning." On his Facebook page, Duke also described his religion as "humanist" and referred visitors to the Web site, TheProgressive Mind.

*********

Ok I’m gonna take this moment to testify. In case some of you white people are not aware in some black churches folks are asked to stand up in front of the congregation and “testify” to some personal transgressions or to atone for some misstep or misdeeds in life.
I read not only this piece but a number of pieces recently where people seem to have this increasingly need to blame fucking everyone for why shit is fucked up in their lives or why they are broke while the dude down the street seems to be rolling in dead presidents.

I don’t have a lot of money, but I’m not necessarily living paycheck to paycheck. I live very modestly. I grew up in a nice neighborhood and as a kid I always had money well until the later years when my father gambled it away.

As a teen I was pissed because my father again because of his gambling decided that he was going to be frugal and could not buy me a car so I had to reconstruct a beat up old ass avocado green Ford Pinto out of parts from a wrecking yard. But folks we were not “poor.”

In my neighborhood I lived near a number of wealthy athletes, Joe Morgan, Reggie Jackson and numerous members of the Oakland A’s World Series teams of the 70’s and Oakland Raiders.
So I saw folks with shit loads of money and loved their homes in the area but I was never envious.
Maybe because I was not dirt poor is why I can’t process the notion of class warfare or being envious of someone because they have more money in the bank than I do.
In addition I have never understood the mindset to ‘’blame” those that have more than I do for my misfortune as this man apparently did.

I’m not going to retire with lots of money. I have a wonderful job but make a modest university salary. If you saw where I work you would think I make significantly more than I do and maybe that is what makes me content. I make the most out of my skillsets, I have ultimate flexibility, get to meet fascinating people, and I can still make time while doing my job to engage in my hobby of blogging.
I don’t know what dollar value you can put on the happiness your job provides, it would take double what I make now to even consider going elsewhere especially at my age. I know I can do this job and still enjoy it for 30 more years at least.

I say all of that because like I said I don’t make a lot of money, I’m not even close to being “rich’ but I sure as hell don’t or won’t blame anyone for why I don’t have dead presidents packing my wallet.

I know exactly what decisions I made throughout my life that has put me in the financial situation I am in right now.

1) Not going to college.
2) Not getting a degree while in military.
3) Not staying in military long enough to retire.
4) Buying a home way too soon while in the military when we were perfectly fine on base housing.
5) Buying my first new car when I really did not need to. (10 days after purchasing my first wife hit a deer, saved her life and our baby) I swore to never buy a new car again.
6) Moving into a neighborhood where the property values significantly dropped.
7) Not paying closer attention to the family finances (lots of personal details here that I won’t go into)
8) Purchase of other high dollar items that I did not need.
9) Cashing in on vested retirement to pay off bills (this affects me today of course)
10) Not saving enough… ect

Folks I can go on and on and none of this has anything to do with a bunch of rich greedy bastards fucking me over.
The reason why folks who are broke and don’t have money can all be traced back to stupid decisions that were made for a variety of reasons.

Yesterday I watched documentaries on Jamie Foxx and Tyler Perry. Both grew up dirt poor, Jamie Foxx’s biological parents flat out rejected him even after he became successful. His innate drive is what propelled him from unrecognizable comedian and bit role player in movies to a triple threat star.

Tyler’s dad was and abusive father beaten and discouraged him throughout his young life, but he survived and pursued his dreams but still failed numerous times, investing his own money in play production and continually failing even to the point of living out of his car. Now dude is sporting a 30,000 square foot mansion, his own production studio and is a household name in the entertainment industry.

There are these types of American success stories that can be told by thousands of people. Yes while some back their way or inherit their way to riches some earn it and work their asses off to achieve it.
I will be the first to admit that I don’t have that kind of drive and determination. For a time in my early 30’s I had some significant political ambitions, and could have attained them but family issues frankly crushed those dreams.

Now even though I live modestly and my one guilty pleasure is driving my cool little car I don’t have a lot of “wants.” There is only one thing missing in my life right now and if that comes about then I will be cool and it has nothing to do with money… far from it.

That is the thing folks there are a lot of rich people in the world but I can tell you no amount of money makes up for the personal transgressions we all face in life.
A poor or challenging upbringing, personal enemies, personal demons, cheating spouses, fucked up children, mental health issues, drinking, drugs, the obsession to succeed and meet the expectations of those around you, lack of a private life, the fear of losing it all (think Jerry Jones on a recent 60 minutes segment) this dude despite being worth billions is scared to death of losing it all.

The guy in the story above ranted:

I was just born poor in a country where the Wealthy manipulate, use, abuse, and economically enslave 95% of the population. Rich Republicans, Rich Democrats...
same-same... rich... they take turns fleecing us... our few dollars... pyramiding the wealth for themselves.

No shit Dick Tracy but that does not have shit to do with being rich because poor people are just as fucked up and manipulative. Poor people will rob and steal when the opportunity presents itself just like rich people. Poor people feel a sense of entitlement that everyone in society owes them; they are like give me my gubment benefits, food stamps and whatever else Democrats want to provide for me.

Poor people will buy shit they don’t need like expensive TV’s, video gaming systems, big ticket furniture items and cars they can’t even begin to afford.
I see kids driving cars nicer than mine working at McDonald. How often do you see idiot ass Negros driving around in fucked up cars with rims costing more than the car itself or Rednecks driving in monster trucks larger than the trailer they are living in.

People in general are just fucked up it has nothing to do with how much someone has or does not have.
This is why I have such disdain for the Christmas season, not in the religious sense but even when we are in such fucked up financial states people will spend shit loads of money buying meaningless shit for themselves or their kids while bills go unpaid and they go further and further in debt.

What is worse is we all know when parents buy shit for their kids they are not buying that shit because they “luv” their kids they buy it because it is an ego thing.

We all buy and consume because just as I would buy a car or some other shit I did not need it is no different than a smoker taking a drag off a cigarette. Buying makes some of us feel better, or feel complete.

Now because of all of the advertisements and peer pressure folks go out and shop and consume because it is their duty and they have this obsessive need to make themselves feel good by buying when all other aspects of their lives are fucked up, it’s a mask.

Then when the bill come due and when we are all pissed off we ask ourselves who is to blame for my broke ass… oh sure it must be some rich mutherfucker… Obama, could never be me or the decisions I made.

I mentioned my daughter before despite being such a smart and pretty young woman has made countless mistakes and bad choices and is now in a hole she unlikely can ever dig herself out of.

Why are some folks rich or poor? Because of the choices we (they) make.

Rich and poor do not only apply to our monetary condition, it also applies to our personal and spiritual riches as well. When some of us learn to address that aspect of our lives we can learn to abandon the class warfare bullshit and stop blaming.

Just thinking out loud folks…

Peace, Gaius

********

Figures. Florida School Board Shooter Wrote Note Railing at Rich; Linking to Media Matters - Gateway Pundit

8 comments:

PeggyU said...

On your comment re the Florida gunman: That was really well said. I am guilty myself of financial errors like those, but it is nobody's fault but my own. I think maybe you should condense that piece a little and submit it at American Thinker.

Gaius Lawrenitis Negris said...

Well not sure they would take it. I have such a potty mouth :)

PeggyU said...

Well ... you could clean up parts of it ;) Whether you submit it or not, I am sharing it. Wish there was a permanent link I could use, though.

PeggyU said...

Seriously, in reading that again, I think it is an excellent commentary for the Christmas season and given the economic circumstances.

Anonymous said...

I agree great read especially with what is going on today as Peggy said. I don’t understand peoples obsession with spending money they don’t have.

Gaius Lawrenitis Negris said...

Peggy try this link is via my Facebook page notes section.

http://www.facebook.com/notes.php?id=100001650831015&notes_tab=app_2347471856#!/note.php?note_id=135860313137066

may be too long or just direct folks to facebook. I just have the original story and my comment.

Anonymous said...

I loved it great job! Passing it along as well.

Lynne

PeggyU said...

Ok, thanks! :)