Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Man pays $16 to take over $330,000 house!? What the Hell!? I feel another rant coming on...

Man pays $16 to take over $330,000 house

The neighbors are outraged, but the Texas resident says his takeover is legal and will eventually give him title to the suburban Dallas home.




Kenneth Robinson of the Dallas suburb of Flower Mound, Texas, says he sealed just such a deal, taking over a vacant house by simply moving in and paying $16 to file documents with the court claiming ownership.

"This is not a normal process, but it is not a process that is not known," he told WFAA-TV in Dallas. "It's just not known to everybody."

Robinson said he invested months in research to find the house. The property had been in foreclosure for more than a year, and the owner walked away. In the meantime, the lender that held the mortgage went out of business.
Robinson says he can take legal title to the house after he lives there for three years through a provision in the law called "adverse possession." Exactly how that works varies state to state.

This is how WFAA explains the situation:

Robinson said just by setting up camp in the living room, Texas law gives him exclusive negotiating rights with the original owner. If the owner wants him out, he would have to pay off his massive mortgage debt and the bank would have to file a complicated lawsuit.

Robinson believes because of the cost, neither is likely. The law says if he stays in the house, after three years he can ask the court for the title.

Robinson isn't the first person who has tried to take over an abandoned home by just moving in and claiming adverse possession.

In Seattle, a family was arrested after they moved into an 8,000-square-foot mansion. That family had filed claims to 10 other homes as well. In Florida, three men were arrested on felony charges after trying to take over more than 200 homes, which they planned to rent to tenants. And those are just a few of the efforts nationwide that squatters have made to take over vacant property through one tactic or another.
Ok white folks, this is why I am here to say what you people are not allowed to say.

Now first of all you folks have to know that on the black blogs and websites this is a whitey vs blackie issue. Because of the outrages white folks who are paying full price for their mortgages black folks are asking “would these neighbors be complaining if the person was white? YES!!!!

Are These Neighbors Racist? Black Man Claims $300k House For $16

Folks I’ve been reading the discussion forums on this issue and nobody white or black will tell the truth on this issue.
This is not about a dude taking advantage of the system, nor is it about someone trying to get something for nothing as some of the racist white sites are bitching about.
Look I applaud dude for his fortitude, knowledge is a powerful thing. If it is legal (and by all accounts it is) cool I don’t have a problem with it if the neighbors want to bitch then petition to change the law. But here is the issue, the last thing I want to see is Negros moving in my neighborhood especially a Negro willing to squat without running water or electricity cause guess what I doubt seriously that dude is going to do what it takes to keep the house looking decent in this exclusive neighborhood with these high dollar homes. I’ve been to Dallas and these areas have beautiful manicured lawns and gardens I know for a fact few Negros give a fuck about their yards the very reason white folks pitch a bitch when they see the U-Haul vans followed by Cadillacs with spinner rims!


A few years ago the ex and I went to visit friends on the east coast and we went to Prince George's County in Maryland, immediately north, east, and south of Washington, D.C. Population of 863,420 and it is the wealthiest Negro majority county in the nation.
Now the ex and I loved to go to neighborhoods in the cities we visit. We would get in a car and just drive around to check out the local spots and nice neighborhoods we were the curious type. Now knowing this “wealthiest Negro majority county in the nation” thing when we went I was fucking stunned when we went into some neighborhoods with huge (what should have been beautiful) homes and these crazy ass Negros had their yards all fucked up many looked as if they never watered the damn grass, cars parked (expensive cars, Mercedes, BMW’s, Range Rovers on the damn lawns, old fucked up junk cars in the driveways with oil stains toys and other shit in the yards. I later learned that the crime statistics were remarkable high for what I knew was the “wealthiest Negro majority county in the nation.” I’m thinking what in the hell is this shit!?

Back when I was younger and married the first time the Mrs. and I purchased our first home a modest bungalow style home. Now I’m the type that I don’t fuck around when it comes to my yard, I believe in showing pride in your home and setting a good example for your kids. We were hardly wealthy, this was a $40,000 home but we kept it looking nice and no matter where I live my yards were always kept up. What pissed me off was the Negros in the neighborhood (except for my one good friend who lived across the street) did not do jack to their yards and had shit everywhere, weeds in the grass, fucking furniture in the damn front porch.
I was young and did not pay that close of attention to the neighborhood overall. It was a decent place when I first moved in and the main attraction was the fact that I saw lots of kids playing everywhere and it reminded me of where I grew up. But the goddamn Negros did not give a shit about how their house and took no pride in ownership is that a fucking stereotype… hell no it is a damn fact!
The longer this dude stays in this house eventually it will look like 1313 Mockingbird Lane and what happens when you got someone who doesn’t give a shit about their home and it starts to look like shit the property values around it suffer.
I remember someone saying to me one time about the fact that they did not understand why people treat dandelions and that they look “pretty” only a fucking hippie would think that dandelions and other pesky weeds would look “pretty.” This is what happens when you get people moving into neighborhoods and they don’t have any pride or shared neighborhood values. This doesn’t have shit to do with black or white this is basic American pride. If you are going to buy a damn house then at least have some respect for your neighbors because maintaining your home values is important, your home is an investment!

If you are not going to take care of your fucking home then don’t buy one or move your ass into the country and live with the livestock.


If I were one of the neighbors I would be pissed too and it does not have shit to do with race. The fact that this is legal is overly retarded and frankly it should not be allowed. Buying a home is the single biggest a family makes and let me tell you, now divorced I’m living in an apartment and while I don’t hate it I damn sure miss living in a home. Home ownership is something that should never be taken for granted and you sure as hell should not be able to squat in a $300,000 for basically nothing, I don’t care what the law allows that is bullshit.
I need to cool off…. Have not even done my daily reads yet.
More later, Gaius

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adverse possession generally requires the possessor to pay all taxes for the three years. You have to openly and responsibly live in the property for the required time. As stated the owner(bank)will regroup and kick his butt to the curb within that time frame. Too much money at stake.

Gaius Lawrenitis Negris said...

Yeah I figured that.
I just could not believe that dude could just squat and do nothing but sit on his ass.

What irritated me was the comments I was reading from folks on both sides of the issue especially the folks on the black websites who instantly made this a race issue like they do everything else.

Anonymous said...

I agree...too much weird stuff going on now... am worried something is go nna blow up in a bad way.

Maggi from Sweden said...

You are indeed a very, very brave Man, G L N. And I LOVE it.

Gaius Lawrenitis Negris said...

Thanks Maggi, I appreciate it.

Peace Gaius