Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Herding, Part Three: Cold Tribal War Going Hot? - Obama is an arrogant bastard! - Obama Donations - Anyone, Anywhere - 2008 Election Fraud: 4 Dems Charged In Indiana - Dick Morris is convinced that Obama will be defeated in November - "Talking Ignorant" - Video: Ebonics Spelling Bee - White Advertising Executives Celebrate Negro Buffoonery


The Herding, Part Three: Cold Tribal War Going Hot? - Baldilocks
Thanks Anno for the heads up, excellent post:
"Black Americans are, for the most part, a tribe. Some will take offense to that opinion, but if we look into the specifics of our existence as Americans since the practice of enslaving imported Africans became widespread, we see that there is nothing else that we can be called.
Remember, our ancestors, of various West African tribes, were bought here, sold, and forcibly stripped of their various names, languages, cultures, and religions.
That conditioning created a new tribe: the Negro. And even after the abolition of slavery, Americans of African descent were confined to a certain level of society. A few managed to break the barrier, but the vast majority remained in the legal, economic, educational social and tribal space into which the US Supreme Court decision Plessy v. Ferguson allowed state and local governments to pen them.
But along came the Civil Rights Era, really beginning in the 1940s and reaching its apex in the 1970s. The Civil Rights and the Voting Rights Acts heralded the end of our status as a tribe within a nation and they harkened to the objective ideals on which this nation was founded.
These landmarks of legislation stated that we belonged to the American “tribe” all along. But, concurrently, another idea—an ideology--was on the ascent as well: Black Pride."

It’s an Obama World… Obama Labor Secretary Glorifies Sharpton and Jesse Jackson in Radical Taxpayer-Funded Propaganda Campaign - Gateway Pundit

*********
Other reads:

 Obama takes a shot at Supreme Court over healthcare 


Obama’s hollow threat to the Supreme Court 


Dems wage pressure campaign on Supreme Court over health ruling 

The Week Obama Jumped The Shark


Obama’s law: ‘it’s judicial empathy if the Supreme Court agrees with me, judicial activism if it does not’


Dick Morris is convinced that Obama will be defeated in November.  I wish I shared his certainty.
Obama can’t run on this!

Obama... DECLARING PREEMPTIVE WAR ON THE JUDICIARY: Impeach the Supreme Court Justices If They Overturn Health-Care Law.

Since the second half of 2009, the U.S. economy has grown at a rate of 2.4%, a full percentage point below average long-term growth.


To restore the job market to the state it was in back in 2007, before the recession, would require the creation of 14.8 million jobs in today’s terms.  The ObamaRecovery has failed to deliver.

The question that has both captivated and scared many business leaders over Obama’s first term is why he displays such a tin ear for free markets — either by ignoring them or by mischaracterizing them as a way to achieve his big-government agenda.

Can someone please explain this to me … two-in-three Jewish voters still back Obama.

*********
 Obama's Officious Opinions - American Spectator 
On Tuesday afternoon, in a stunning rebuke of President Obama, Judge Jerry Smith of the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals decided he had heard enough of the president's incessant hyper-partisan rhetoric challenging the independence of the federal judiciary. Judge Smith, who was appointed to the court by Ronald Reagan, "referring to statements by the president in the past few days to the effect… that it is somehow inappropriate for what he termed 'unelected judges' to strike acts of Congress," said that Obama's comments "have troubled a number of people who have read it as somehow a challenge to the federal courts or to their authority…. And that's not a small matter."
 *********
Obama Donation Test - Moonbattery

Just as Eric Holder has been bending over backward to facilitate voter fraud in 2012, the Obama campaign makes it child’s play to give illegal donations, as this video demonstrates.
**********

4 Indiana Dems charged with election fraud in 2008 presidential race
Felony charges related to election fraud have touched the 2008 race for the highest office in the land. Prosecutors in South Bend, Ind., filed charges Monday against four St. Joseph County Democratic officials and deputies as part of a multiple-felony case involving the alleged forging of Democratic presidential primary petitions in the 2008 election, which put then-candidates Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton on the Indiana ballot. The officials are accused of taking part in a scheme to fake signatures and names on the primary petitions needed to run for president. Court papers say the plan was hatched by local Democratic Party officials inside the local party headquarters.

Talking Ignorant

This particular rant was inspired by a dear friend of mind. We were having a conversation about the national championship game the other night where Kentucky unfortunately defeated Kansas.
My friend had checked out the post-game interview of the players and focused on the star Kentucky player the certain number one NBA draft pick Anthony Davis.
She was incensed at the verbally challenged future million dollar athlete and how it was apparently next to impossible to understand his responses to reporters’ questions.

Myself I don’t watch any post-game press conferences because truth be told I have been one who for the longest time get embarrassed when I see some of these black athletes struggle to make a clear and coherent statement when approached by reporters.  
Now I just ignore it, just like so many other things societal that irritate the crap out of me I just don’t want to waste the energy worrying about something I can’t control.
For the longest time, I’ve been told I enunciate like a white boy… and while some colored folks might resent my apparent white sounding voice I wear their disdain like a badge of honor just like I do when I’m  called and Uncle Tom or “sellout.”

My friend believes that people in the media and especially those at networks like ESPN gleefully put these enunciatingly challenged individuals in a position to make them appear exceedingly foolish and seriously un or undereducated.
This is what I always talk about as the biggest challenge for people of color. When a black person fucks up somewhere or does something humiliating, criminal and embarrassing all of us who share the pigmentation get painted with the same broad brush.

Speaking white… well some of you may have seen or remember a Chris Rock bit on his "Bring the Pain" comedy special where he talks about Colin Powell's slim chances for the presidency when he was considering running.

"People say the same thing about him," he muses. "He speaks so well, he's so well spoken."

I hear white people say that all the time and most are completely clueless to the fact that uttering such a statement is actually pretty fucking offensive to be blunt.

Rock then pauses for a second, and then barks in his signature-style.

"How you do expect him to sound? He's a college educated man, what do you expect to come out of his mouth? Ima drop me a bomb today!'"

The fortunate thing for me is I did not have to go through what many black folks endure not being accepted by other black folks based on my “talking white” persona.
Yes I was chided by some black folks citing that the language I used was  “too proper” to be “black”. 

It is sometimes amazing to me all of these years later and you still have some black people who do not believe that using proper English is the way black people should be speaking.
I’m 48 years of age and I still don’t understand what is strange about speaking English correctly?   If an individual is indeed educated, why should they speak as though they are not?

In this ESPN generation I don’t get how these athletes don’t get some early and intensive training on manners and speaking.
I have a friend who works with college athletes (black lady) she basically oversees the educational standards of the athletes and she drills them in etiquette, manners and speaking properly.
The unfortunately thing is if you see some of the parents of these athletes they are as un or undereducated as their kids and clearly are immersed in ghetto culture.
With these parents as role models the result chopped up speaking skills that would make you wonder if they had actually gotten past a fifth grade reading level.
Most of these athletes (and Kentucky has a roster full of them) I bet barely know their major which was usually General Studies or one of those other “interesting” majors that happen to be chosen by a number of the more talented black athletes.

Again how is the behavior cultivated?  You see from some parents of prominent black college athletes jacked up hair weaves, ridiculously long fingernails with decorations on them to dressing like they are attending a rap concert and lord help them if someone wants to interview them, better suited for the Maury show than a national interview.
Many of these athletes’ only true role model commercialized hip-hop featuring the common Negro vernacular:
“I got many hoes,” “pass the weed nigga,” “Shawty, I ain’t been to class in like two weeks”… that type of ridiculous verbalization that keeps being referred to as black cultural dialect   

Now I must say of course I’m not talking about EVERY black college athlete. Some athletes understand the game of life; they understand the value in being both athletic and presenting themselves as intelligent.
Is the NCAA also partially to blame for this? Absolutely. Because let’s face it they are only concerned about how a player affects their revenue stream.

I often wonder if I will ever live long enough to see the day where black folks outgrow the ghettoization persona.
I understand that this is what plays a part in some white people ambivalence when dealing with black folks. It is that uncomfortableness not only between whites and blacks but the gap between all races that feeds the negative stereotypes that some like to fixate on.

That guy in California that shot those people in that Oakland nursing college apparently internalized a lot of anger because he said that many people made fun of how he talked.
Asians are not that much a part of American mainstream so it is ok to make fun of them.
However when black folks get behind a microphone and can’t utter a coherent phrase that is acceptable and calling attention to it would be racist. In addition and oddly enough white commercial ad executives make Ebonics acceptable. 

Certainly if white ad execs says it cool to “talk black” then who am I… er uh (to my friend) to ridicule it.
Anthony Davis will make so much money he can hire a white guy to speak for him.    

************



*********
******
 lookie here...

Bosses for fast food chain Burger King have pulled a new advertisement that features Mary J. Blige performing on a diner table amid concerns the commercial promotes black stereotypes. In the ad, Blige sings about the contents of BK’s new chicken snack wraps. Chain chiefs insist a music licensing issue is to blame for their decision to hold back the launch of the commercial, not criticism from African-American groups, who have accused Blige and Burger King of “buffoonery.”

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that what Baldilocks said (she's ex USAF too) fit in with the grief you're getting over language. If you don't fit in with the rest of the tribe (i.e. likes, clothing, ideas, language, etc) you become the nail that needs pounding down even if what you are doing is perfectly rational and okay. A black coworker once told me that he left his good grammar and enunciation at the door when he was with other black people (including relatives). That struck me as odd behavior bordering on the bizarre.

What if dropping the tribal mindset led to different problems? As a parent you often see your teens trying out things (clothing, hair styles, attitudes, etc.) Dropping the group think of the tribe could be pretty devistating to some people as there really is safety in numbers. It forces a self assessment that might be pretty painful (i.e. I did that sort of behavior? AAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGH).

Don't know, just tossing it about for discussion.

Gaius Lawrenitis Negris said...

“A black coworker once told me that he left his good grammar and enunciation at the door when he was with other black people (including relatives).”

To be honest in some instances I would do the same thing, but not so much in my family. Most of my relatives don’t even come close to what would be deemed ghetto slang. Particularly on my mother’s side, most of my Aunts sounded very “white.”
Now when they got mad, the ghetto persona would come out but rarely.
When I went back to the funeral of my father and met family members on hid side many I had never seen and many other I have not seen since I was very young I must say I was pretty proud most were doing well and the teachings of their parents rubbed off as it did with me and my dad, none of the ghetto jive talking bullshit.
For me I would only come out with the Negro dialect if I found myself deeply embedded in the hood just a way of passing in a sense but the older I got the less likely I was to do this.

I agree many need that tribal mindset, this even applies to people and their church affiliation they have a need to be around people who are “like” themselves” and I get that. To me it is only when the tribal mindset causes people to lose their individual identity and from that lose the ability to reason to simply think for themselves.

I know I’ve said this before but the things most of us conservatives who happen to be black are constantly frustrated with is the majority of black people actually have very conservative ideals. Religion, family values, anti-abortion, individual responsibility if you gave the average black person a litmus test most would be more moderate to mildly conservative. The problem is black people are bullied into “group think” Sharpton, Jackson, Farrakhan have done a great job keeping black people compliant. What makes it worse is celebrities, comedians, radio DJ’s and politicians know a great number of black people are followers and all you have to do is repeat over and over the reason why your life sucks is because of whitey.
Yes when people lose faith in their own ability to think and reason you fall back on group think it is easier to do what everyone else does because you don’t have to think.

But you know that is why I love to blog because occasionally I get notes from blacks who agree with much of what I say but as I have also said before, black people take a huge risk in thinking like I do and how other conservatives. You can lose friends, family members social status by thinking and saying the things I do here.
Self-assessment that is pretty painful that is an understatement.

Anonymous said...

Those notes make it all worthwhile. Glad that you get them.

Gaius Lawrenitis Negris said...

I appreciate to feedback makes blogging more fun I wish I would get more feedback frankly even from those who may not agree with my assessment sometimes. Hey posting a comment is free so what the heck.
Thanks!