Polls show 27 percent of Democrats would not vote for a Mormon, versus 18 percent of Republicans. There are votes in anti-Mormonism, but the Obama campaign must resist any temptation to play on it.
With just over six months before Election Day, the 2012 presidential campaign looks dull but astonishing. It’s dull because Barack Obama no longer elicits the kind of passion he did in 2008, and Mitt Romney has never elicited much passion at all. But it’s astonishing because it features an African-American and a Mormon, two of the most discriminated-against groups in American history. In the year of Romney’s birth (1947) or Obama’s (1961), the idea that a presidential election would one day pit an American of Romney’s religion versus an American of Obama’s race would have boggled the mind.Obama Looks To Woo Young Voters With Lower College Costs - News One
When Obama first ran in 2008, Republicans wrestled with how to attack him without playing on antiblack bigotry. Now it’s the Democrats’ turn to be tempted. In the United States anti-Mormon bigotry has remained remarkably durable. According to Gallup, the percentage of Americans who say they would not vote for a Catholic, a woman, an African-American, or a Jew has dropped sharply since the 1960s and 1970s. The percentage saying they would not vote for a Mormon, however, hasn’t budged. In 1967, the first year Gallup asked the question, 17 percent of Americans said they would not back a Mormon candidate. When Gallup asked again last summer, the figure had risen to 22 percent.
WASHINGTON (AP) — Wooing young voters, President Barack Obama is on a blitz to keep the cost of college loans from soaring for millions of students, taking his message to three states strategically important to his re-election bid. By taking on student debt, Obama is speaking to middle-class America and targeting an enormous burden that threatens the economic recovery.Mitt Supports Obama’s Student-Loan Plan...But beloved Ryan budget could cancel it out. **********
Before Obama got his road trip under way, Republican opponent Mitt Romney found a way to steal some thunder from the president’s campaign argument: He agreed with it.
The competitors are now on record for freezing the current interest rates on a popular federal loan for poorer and middle-class students. The issue is looming because the rate will double from 3.4 percent to 6.8 percent on July 1 without intervention by Congress, an expiration date chosen in 2007 when a Democratic Congress voted to chop the rate in half.
How Europe Could Sink Obama
Where will Romney find his vice president? Probably on the Hill ********
Wisconsin's Planned Parenthood suspends non-surgical abortions
Five Devastating Numbers That Show Obama's Incompetence
- TownHall - John Hawkins
Whether you've had some form of head trauma that has caused you to like Barack Obama or like all good hearted people, you can't stand him, his performance has objectively been terrible. Of course, we can debate WHY his performance has been so bad. His supporters would probably blame Bush, Republicans in Congress, ATM machines, fairy dust shortages and people forgetting to click their heels together three times before saying, "There's no place like home." On the other hand, people who haven't been drinking Barney Frankosaurus brand Kool-Aid might note that if Obama is going to blame Republicans for everything that happens while he's President, we might as well just replace him with a Republican. Whatever the case may be, here are five devastating numbers that show how poorly America has fared under Barack Obama's watch.*********
Obama Selects Woman Who Wanted to Invade Israel As Chair of Genocide Panel - Yid With Lid
Only Barack Obama! Today the President tried to show he was a friend of the Jews with a beautifully crafted speech Holocaust Museum. Showing his words mean nothing, also today Samantha Power began work today as chair of President Barack Obama's new Atrocities Prevention Board. If you don't remember Ms Power she once called for a US force to invade Israel and force through a "peace settlement." Powers also had some unflattering things to say about about America's Jewish population during the 2008 campaign**********
How long do you think it will be before Powers uses that board as tool to de-legitimize Israel?
Power was a foreign policy adviser to the Obama campaign in 2008 when she blamed the Jews for the criticism of then Candidate Obama's foreign policy platform.
Your Obama reelection cheat sheet - Boortz
- How about a job? About 15 million Americans of working age have no job and are looking for work.
- Every fifth man in America is out of a job.
- Fewer Jobs. There are 5.5 million fewer jobs right now than there were when Obama was inaugurated.
- Employment Levels. Employment has been below the pre-recession peak for over 50 consecutive months.
- U3 Unemployment Stats. This is the 8.2% figure quoted by Obama for last month. This counts only people who have applied for a job in the previous four weeks.
- U6 Unemployment Stats. This figure counts the number of people who have applied for jobs in the previous 6 weeks. It also includes people who are working in part-time jobs who want to work full time. The U6 unemployment rate is now around 15%
- College Graduates In 2007 90% of all college graduates found a job. Today that figure is 56%.
- Nearly 87 million Americans are NOT in the labor force.
- Dropping Out. Since Obama was sworn in about 3 million people have dropped out of the jobs market. These people are no longer even bothering to look for a job. If they were still in the market – still hopeful – the unemployment rate would be about 10.8%.
- Economic Growth after Great Depression. In 1934, 35 and 36 our economy growed at 11%, 9% and 13%. Economic growth in 2010 was 3%. In 2011 it was 1.7%. This year we’re running between 2 and 3%.
- Ethnic Jobless Rates. For young workers 20 to 24 the unemployment rate is 13%. For Hispanic teenagers it’s 30.5%. For black teenagers it’s 37.9%.
- Private Sector Hiring. Through June of 2011 private sector hiring was 10 times slower after the passage of ObamaCare than it was in the 16 months prior to ObamaCare.
- New Businesses. We need 1 million new businesses every year to sustain growth. We’re running about 400,000 right now.
- Layoffs and Hiring. In the first months of 2012 layoffs have risen 18% from a year ago. Hiring plans have dropped 82%.
- Per Capita Income. In May of 2008 per capital income in the U.S. was at $37,752. It’s now at $37,606. Adjust this for inflation and you have $36,641 in 2008 dropping to $32,600 now. This is the first time since the 1930s that inflation-adjusted incomes have decreased in America.
- Welfare Over $1 trillion spent on government entitlement programs in the last two years.
- Welfare Increase A 5,500% jump in means tested welfare since 1970.
- Welfare percentage Over ½ of households in America have someone receiving entitlement checks.
- Food Stamps Under Obama food stamp use has increased by 41%.
- Every 7th person you pass on the sidewalk is on food stamps.
- EBT Cards The increase in the use of EBT cards is 135%.
Obama’s Chicago Law Days - Moonbattery
Better late than never: the Moonbat Messiah is finally getting some vetting. Renegade journalists taking up the mantle of Andrew Breitbart might want to follow up on this second-hand insider account of Obama’s less than impressive career as a law professor, via Doug Ross:
I spent some time with the highest tenured faculty member at Chicago Law a few months back, and he did not have many nice things to say about “Barry.” Obama applied for a position as an adjunct and wasn’t even considered. A few weeks later the law school got a phone call from the Board of Trustees telling them to find him an office, put him on the payroll, and give him a class to teach. The Board told him he didn’t have to be a member of the faculty, but they needed to give him a temporary position. He was never a professor and was hardly an adjunct.
The other professors hated him because he was lazy, unqualified, never attended any of the faculty meetings, and it was clear that the position was nothing more than a political stepping stool. According to my professor friend, he had the lowest intellectual capacity in the building. He also doubted whether he was legitimately an editor on the Harvard Law Review, because if he was, he would be the first and only editor of an Ivy League law review to never be published while in school (publication is or was a requirement).
Where’s the Media?… Mobile Man Clings to Life After Brutal Beating By Black Mob – Saying “This Is Justice For Trayvon” - Gateway Pundit