Monday, September 17, 2012

Questions: Who sets the rules for the black social imperative? Why do all blacks seem to think alike? Why is the black mindset being driven in the suicidal direction?


I received the following comment and wanted to respond with a full fledged post because I think it is worth the time to do so because frankly while many of you who come here from time to time and hopefully the people who thought that I disappeared permanently will find me again need to understand that my lack of hope did not just seep its way into my consciousness when Obama became president this has been festering for quite some time.
If you been reading my rants before ignore, nothing new here.

This is some of the commentary from my anonymous friend:  
Anonymous said...

    Gaius, I read what you posted, thought about it, came back to re-read it, thought some more and came back again and again.

  ME  "No black person in this country benefits by speaking out against Obama, or writing something negative about him."

    When you are ostracized by your family, friends, coworkers, etc for holding beliefs counter to what they hold and they refuse to listen to you you do have choices.

    Remain silent around them. Safe but hard to do.

    Speak out at every chance. Ostracized and cut off from any safety net.

    Feel out personal opinions to find those willing to at least listen. Time consuming and dangerous. But, also the most rewarding.

   ME:  "This is the one thing many of you white people don’t understand regarding why blacks vote Democrat in such large numbers because it is a social imperative to do so."

    Who sets the rules for the black social imperative? Find out who they are and what motivates them to insist on blacks voting democrat.
First of all I don’t know how many of you who read me also read other black conservative columnists, bloggers, and journalists or listen to black conservatives on talk radio.
Not that any of us are special by any stretch of the imagination and not to questions anyone personal political motives and what I mean by that is there are some black folks that play the “I’m a black conservative” card because it is a novelty to them or it is either profitable or it gets them some attention.

My friend Kevin Jackson I remember the first time I had a conversation with him it was as if we were separated at birth in how our minds processed today’s political climate. Now I am not saying that we agree on everything he is not as hopeless as I am but we are on the same boat philosophically in many respects.
I have also had the opportunity to meet and chat with JosephPhillips and Mychal Massie and I know they have strong conservative political convictions although Joseph is a little more low key and measured than myself, Kevin or Mychal his convictions are strong.

As for who “Who sets the rules for the black social imperative” all black people are responsible. Going back to the days of the civil rights movement when Martin Luther King became the leader of the movement and other emerged as leaders in their own right people like Malcolm X for example.
Black people always had this obsessive need to anoint someone as the “leader” as if they needed one. This is why people like Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton were able to get rich by simply having a big mouth. In the black community unfortunately the one who has the biggest mouth gets the most attention.

Not speaking for any other black person and certainly not speaking for any other self-proclaimed conservative I have always believed that black folks "need" to have a “leader” was their biggest downfall.
White people don't have a self-proclaimed leader. White people who tend to be followers end up in cults or religions like Scientology. Hispanics don't all follow this "return the Southwest US back to Mexico" bullshit.
Not even the majority of Muslims are American hating, World Trade Center smashing zealots. The
reason these groups don't have this collective thought process is because they tend to at least entertain 
the thought that other ideas are feasible that maybe everything they may have been taught is not quite what it seems. They will read alternate sources of information, view and process alternate political views and thinking. Black people won't do this for the most part. In private they may question some of the rhetoric but show a collective mindset to whitey.         

During the civil rights era speaking with a collective and coordinated voice was important because that was important in not only getting out the word but to show a measure of force behind the words and rhetoric necessary to change the hearts and minds of white America. Also behind that collective voice meant a show of financial strength as well. This is why you still have today the “buy black” argument.
Black people in general and so called black leaders have co-opted the good intentions of promoting civil rights into this one mind, one thought for the Democrat Party and the liberalism you have today.

Keep in mind although I am conservative I would never advocate that folks buy hook line and sinker what I said or what any other conservative was selling. Being Republican or Conservative does not mean I am right or have all the answers but I am informed enough, educated enough and enlightened enough that the alternate that is Democratic induced liberalism is complete and utter poison to America and society in general at least as it is being promoted by this current administration.
I don't want nor would I ever advocate that everyone be conservative. Our life experiences plays a role in dictating where we get our political ideology. We all don't walk in the same shoes in other words so there is no logical explanation or rationale that all black people would think, process and vote alike. 
 
I’ve never given a damn who someone votes for or even why as long as you clearly know why? I’ve said often that I have spoken to far too many black folks including friends and family and will ask why do you support a given candidate and I always get the obligatory “Republicans are evil” or some DNC talking point.
I read so many black websites and listen to black celebrities or pundits and the arguments are never cohesive or intellectually sound it’s all rhetoric how some say it, “fire and brimstone.”

For me ever since I was old enough to understand the society in which I lived and understood how our government worked and politics in general I would hear black people say this whitey was evil bullshit and it never made sense to me. While I did encounter the stupid racist white person from time to time, far more were good decent people then they were evil and I never asked for their political credentials.

Fast forward to today’s conversations when it comes to politics and it is not only whitey is evil, Republicans are evil nonsense. No reasonable person would or could even believe this crap. If that were the case Obama would have lost by a landslide because if race trumps politics as black people say then whitey would have played the race card but they didn’t they voted for Obama hoping that somehow this would heal the racial wounds we suffer today. Who care what he stood for or who he was or where he came from.
 White people basically put our country and its future and its money at risk all to make some racial statement. I’ve said before I expect black people to vote on feelings or something as ridiculous as skin color but not white people.

Again to your question on who  sets the social imperative well black people have been trained to think on a collective basis otherwise you would not get the same rhetoric from every black person who supports Obama or who automatically votes Democrat.
In is not in our nature for all of us to think the same to have the same thoughts and values and mindset. Not when it comes to deciding on what car to buy, or what eat, or what to wear or with whom to vote for, that never made sense to me and as I have said before one of the best gifts my late father gave me is telling me that just because someone shares my skin pigmentation does not make them my brother or sister or that they will always have my best interests at heart.

The thing about who sets the social imperative depends on who you talk to. Every black preacher, radio DJ, journalists again anyone with a big enough mouth and enough of a personality will gladly take the lead on that social imperative not in the best interest of black folks in general but for their own benefit.  

ME: "...Blacks are already fearful of the government and if they think that saying the wrong thing could get them kicked out of government housing or that they may lose that EBT card you think a black person is going to say that they are going to vote for Romney?"

    Why are blacks fearful of their government? Rumors and propaganda? If so who puts those rumors into place?

Again anyone with a big enough mouth or microphone not to mention just about every black celebrity, professional athlete. Being an uninformed mouthpiece unfortunately is the standard in the black community. It is not the goal to educate and inform.
I mentioned in another post that I had a dear friend basically say that although they may not like what is going on with Obama that they had to vote for him because they heard that if Romney got elected that he and the Republicans were going to eliminate student loans for poor people. This is not only unbelievably erroneous but so ridiculous on its face that I would never think anyone reasonably intelligent person could believe that.
This person is not dumb or stupid in fact much smarter and hard working than I could ever hope to be, but that is what they believe.
I understand that when we have busy lives and other fish to fry as we go about our busy day we get bits and pieces of information from our friends and family and if we tend to communicate with uninformed people that is what we ourselves become... uninformed.        

I hear and read all kinds of ridiculous stuff on black radio stations and black blogs but the thing is only back people listen to those stations and read those blogs.
Black people will only pay attention to what another black person says or does and most black people get their 411 from whatever church they go to. So unless they are willing to explore other informational resources or open themselves to the possibility that what they hear from these sources are crap they will never change their thinking. 

ME:    "Black people and in particular black children are murdered all over this country, black unemployment is at a record high for black people, the black family is all but disintegrated, 70 percent of black children are born to single mothers, almost 70 percent are dropping out of high school none of these fact will ever get a headline but the fact that these same black folks won’t support a GOP candidate is news worthy?"

    Very easy to ask pointed questions that mean little. Very hard to ask questions whose very answers require a close look at yourself. Bill Cosby spoke about some of these issues and I commend him for his strength in speaking out. Black families are disintegrating. Why? I can remember when black families stood together. Now? Not so much. I remember when blacks valued an education so much that they risked their life to go to a good school. Today? Not so much.

    This situation has to be driven from somewhere. Why is it being driven in the suicidal direction it find itself in today and who is driving it?

I’m not sure if I have the answer, I honestly have little hope take me for example. I’ve been blogging since 2005 and with a few exceptions any black person who has ever come to any of my previous blogs or this one see me as some evil scientist Uncle Tom sellout.
After all these years and with all the evidence at their disposal Democrats have completely failed blacks at every turn, yet as you say blacks still philosophically head towards the mental cliff or suicidal direction as you say.

I’m here to say that will never change and I say that because the days you spoke of when the black family was whole and supportive of one another, where freedom of thought and expression was celebrated, when black businesses thrived, when education was encouraged, when freedom and righteousness was championed that no longer exists.

The black family has eroded, education is non-existent and Obama has driven a stake in the American mindset and promoted division and I dare say anarchy.
You can’t change the mindset of folks if they are uneducated and unwilling to look beyond their own narrow world view.

Again I don’t care who you vote for, or where your political affiliations lie, the only thing I care about is that you are informed and open to the possibility that you don’t have all the answers and are willing to explore thinking that just might be outside of your current realm of thinking.

Black people think the way they do not out of logic but simply because they are black. There is no hope of that changing in my lifetime. It is a bleak outlook I know and exactly why I don’t blog because I’m trying to change anyone mind or outlook. I honestly blog because all of this crap on the internet both the good and the bad is forever.
I want some smart dude in the future and hopefully that is some black individual who helped prove me wrong and helped changed the mindset that black people had to think with one mindset to read my diatribes to understand that not all of us were part of that 95 percent that voted Democrat on cue, who blindly followed the silly rhetoric spewed by so-called black elite, sycophant journalists, bloggers, rappers and preachers.

These blog posts to me these days are my electronic versions of a message in a bottle.

I don’t know what else to do these days but vent on occasion and hopefully some young inquiring blogger will read this and inquire and question maybe disagree but that would be OK. You can’t change anyone’s mind unless you change their heart.
I don’t agree with most black people on the surface but I’m not here to label those with whom I disagree with as evil or stupid. No other racial or ethnic group thinks with one mind and one voice unless you are a communist.
If we are to take “free at last” seriously does that also include freedom of thought?

Sorry this may be slightly disjointed, I have been writing throughout this busy day at work.
I wish more people would be willing to share their thoughts on this. All I can do is put it out there.

Peace, Gaius

2 comments:

Phelps said...

1 Samuel 8:6 --

But when they said, “Give us a king to lead us,” this displeased Samuel; so he prayed to the Lord. And the Lord told him: “Listen to all that the people are saying to you; it is not you they have rejected, but they have rejected me as their king. As they have done from the day I brought them up out of Egypt until this day, forsaking me and serving other gods, so they are doing to you. Now listen to them; but warn them solemnly and let them know what the king who will reign over them will claim as his rights.”

Samuel told all the words of the Lord to the people who were asking him for a king. He said, “This is what the king who will reign over you will claim as his rights: He will take your sons and make them serve with his chariots and horses, and they will run in front of his chariots. Some he will assign to be commanders of thousands and commanders of fifties, and others to plow his ground and reap his harvest, and still others to make weapons of war and equipment for his chariots. He will take your daughters to be perfumers and cooks and bakers. He will take the best of your fields and vineyards and olive groves and give them to his attendants. He will take a tenth of your grain and of your vintage and give it to his officials and attendants. Your male and female servants and the best of your cattle and donkeys he will take for his own use. He will take a tenth of your flocks, and you yourselves will become his slaves. When that day comes, you will cry out for relief from the king you have chosen, but the Lord will not answer you in that day.”

But the people refused to listen to Samuel. “No!” they said. “We want a king over us. Then we will be like all the other nations, with a king to lead us and to go out before us and fight our battles.”

When Samuel heard all that the people said, he repeated it before the Lord. The Lord answered, “Listen to them and give them a king.”

Anonymous said...

Thank you. I learned something today.